7 Grade LPM High School Readiness & Latin Program
- 7 Grade LPM High School Readiness & Latin Program
- 6/1/2022, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Dear Parents and Guardians,
I am excited to share the good news that we are offering all 7th graders a High School Readiness program this year. The goal of this program is to:
● Introduce all seventh graders---and their parents---- to the amazing range of high schools available to them. This will allow you and your child to feel fully prepared at the start of 8th grade when the high school admissions process begins.
● Motivate students by helping them form goals and define interests that they can pursue now and in high school.
● Share information about free and low-cost test prep and extra-curricular activities that are available over the summer and during the school year.
In addition to helping students learn about high school opportunities, the program will offer a 30-minute lesson in Latin each week. The study of Latin, an ancient language that is the ancestor of Spanish, Italian, French and other European languages, will enable our students to:
● Develop analytical skills
● Improve their close reading skills and
● Expand their academic vocabulary.
- 7 Grade High School Readiness Program Family Letter _ Program Details english.pdf 713.27 KB
- 7 Grado programa de preparaci_n para la escuela secundaria espanol.pdf 789.83 KB
- LPM HIGH SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAM flyer eng _ span.pdf 62.52 KB