Students who participate in Health Education at I.S 349 develop skills, practice problem solving, assess risks, learn facts, and build their understanding of complex health concepts and issues.
New York State and New York City in alignment with the National Health Education Standards require concepts and skills to be taught in the following topics :
- Foundation for Adolescent Health
- Social, Emotional, and Mental Health
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug-Use Prevention
- Sexual Health
- Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Personal Health and Safety